According to Vogue, “in 2024, the worlds of interior design and fashion are more intertwined than ever.” This exciting parallel means we’ll be seeing a lot of quiet luxury, individuality, and emphasis on classics, among others in the trends this year.
- The buzzword for 2024 is sustainability, and it's not just limited to our lifestyle choices. Picture this: a gorgeous coffee table crafted from reclaimed wood, recycled glass pendant lights casting a warm glow, and organic cotton throw pillows adding a cozy touch. Sustainable chic is all about marrying style with eco-friendly or second-hand materials.
- Similar layered tones create chic spaces with emphasis on other aspects such as texture, shape, and materials. We’ve been seeing a lot more monochrome with the popularity of “latte dressing” influencing “latte decorating” - think soft browns, creams, and tans complimenting each other to establish gentle, inviting spaces.
- If you're a nature lover, you're in for a treat! Expect to see not just petite plants scattered around but entire green walls, hanging vines, and oversized fiddle leaf figs bringing nature indoors. Natural textures like rattan furniture, stone accents, and wooden plant stands will create a biophilic haven in your home, promoting a sense of well-being and tranquility.
- Move over, minimalism – maximalism is making a comeback! Think of a vibrant, jewel-toned velvet sofa paired with bold patterned wallpaper and a mix of colorful throw pillows. Incorporate vintage and contemporary pieces to create a visually stunning and personality-packed space that reflects your unique style.
- Mass-produced items are taking a backseat as artisanal craftsmanship steals the spotlight. Envision handpainted art adorning the walls, custom-made ceramic dinnerware showcasing unique textures, and a handwoven rug that tells a story of skilled craftsmanship. Artisanal touches add soul and character to your home.
- Nostalgia is in the air as vintage aesthetics make a triumphant return. Picture a mid-century modern credenza paired with retro-inspired geometric wallpaper. Add antique touches with brass accents, thrifted finds, and reupholstered chairs in nostalgic fabrics to transport your space to a bygone era with a modern twist.
- Say goodbye to monotonous themes and embrace the beauty of cultural diversity. Visualize a living room adorned with Moroccan-inspired poufs, Japanese Shibori-dyed throw pillows, and Indian block-printed curtains. Layer rugs from different regions, mix global patterns, and incorporate handmade crafts for a vibrant and globally inspired space.
This year is all about embracing your individual style. Gone are the days of everyone wanting to be the same, and instead we inspire each other to make trends fit how we enjoy. Envision how to implement the trends that speak to you and your home, make tweaks, and lean into where it leads you.